The lures are available at select locations where AGD is sold while supplies last.
HOW TO ENTER TO WIN MORE PRIZES!
ABOUT BIG ROCK
The year was 1985. 60-year old barley farmer and lawyer, Ed McNally, felt frustrated with beer in Alberta. Either he could drink mass produced boring lager, or he could pay import prices. One night over scotch, Ed and a friend wondered, “Why don’t we start our own brewery?”
A short while later, the friend called Ed to tell him that a German brewmaster was on his way. Bernd Pieper, The Brewmaster, would go on to become craft beer pioneers in Canada. Ed had a relationship with barley farmers looking to market their high quality product, access to an abundance of fresh, hard water, and a clear vision of what he could bring to the craft beer world.
They brewed high quality ales, took the beer market by storm and Big Rock became Canada’s first modern and independent craft brewer.
Today, Big Rock is one of Canada’s largest brewers of high quality craft beer. Brewmaster Paul Gautreau, who began his career at the brewery in 1986 working the packaging and kegging lines, has been trained by some of the best in the world, including the prestigious Institute of Brewing and Distilling in London, England.
At Big Rock we are inspired to discover, share and celebrate our passion with the community we live, work, and enjoy our beer in. We are brewing deliberately different beer and we’re excited to share each brews story with you.
To create a masterpiece,
DID YOU KNOW?
- Big Rock is named after a large 18,000 tonne glacial erratic near Okotoks, Alberta that is known to locals as “Big Rock.”
- Big Rock beers are all hand crafted, all natural and unpasteurized. Big Rock beers contain only pure malt, hops, Rocky Mountain water, and the breweries own special yeast.
- (TSX: BR) – Big Rock boasts a family of exceptional ales and lagers, Rock Creek Cider, an ongoing selection of seasonal beers released through the Brewmaster’s Limited Edition, as well as cutting-edge small batch brews released through the Alchemist Edition. Big Rock products are sold in five provinces and two territories in Canada, and are also available in the Republic of Korea.
- Big Rock CEO Bob Sartor has some big plans for Big Rock. While mindful of our rich history, we have a new mission, new packaging and a determination to brew deliberately different new beers. In 2015, Big Rock opened Big Rock Urban in Vancouver, a brewery and eatery in the Brewery Creek District. Big Rock Urban Toronto is set to open in 2016.
- Want to learn more about the craft beer industry? Come by for a tour of the brewery. Join our friendly Beerologists for a 90 minute tour and beer tasting. We’re even set up to allow customers to brew their own craft beers. Our brewery is located at 5555, 76th Ave. SE, Calgary.
GO TO BIGROCKBEER.COM OR CONNECT ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER!
Please drink responsibly and do not operate a motorized vehicle or boat while under the influence.